The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Saturday, November 15, 2008

One More Thing About Bao....and Abby

There was one more thing I meant to include in the last blog. It's the connection between my own granddaughter Abby, and my "adopted" granddaughter Bao.

In all of the adventure that has been Thailand, what has struck me over and over is the mystery that two groups of people who need each other, for very different reasons, could have been brought together from two completely opposite sides of the planet. It boggles my mind. That God would answer prayer, connect the needs and the resources, in such an unexpected, unplanned (by us) way..... It makes me love Him more and worship Him with wider eyes.

The other night I sat with Abby and we painted a Dora picture to send to Bao. Abby has been included in Gramma's trip to Thailand as much as possible for her little two year old brain to process. Before leaving I told her I was flying in a plane to go to Thailand to play with some very special children. Abby got right into it. Through the blog, Mommy was able to show her pictures that kept her in the loop of all Gramma's crazy adventures. And while I was gone, she talked about my absence in ways that made it clear that she knew I was away, what I was doing, and that I would be back soon.

Of course, now that my heart has been so captivated by the beautiful faces of our Thai family, I am eager to help Abby make some meaningful connections. So, in a packet I'll be sending in the next week or so, I'm going to include Abby's picture to Bao. Look carefully and you'll see that she requested some airplanes to be painted on her picture. She knows this painting is on it's way to Thailand. I will include this picture of Abby and a short note to make sure Bao knows who painted it.

Aren't they cute? Two two year olds, one in Canada, one in Thailand, connected. I wonder what God might do with that?

Anyways....just an addendum to the last blog, and another reason to be amazed again at the ways of a God whose heart is for the children.

No comments: