The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Almost Christmas Peace

If I could I'd fix it all
But He could and He doesn't
Not now, not yet

We are left in the tension between
Destiny and reality
Knowing incompletely
Wondering
We're left wondering in our faith
Which is why they call it faith

If I could I'd make peace mandatory
For every human person
Regardless
No torment of the deeper places
No worrying
About anything

But He could and He doesn't
Not now, not yet

We're left in the tension of choosing it
Or not

Peace as a chosen state
Instead of the result of agreeable circumstance
Peace in the midst of sensationally disagreeable circumstance
Possible choice

But we forget
Or we don't know
Or we don't know how
So we negate available peace
And complain instead

If I could I'd make everyone choose peace
But then
It wouldn't be a choice

Peace on earth
A Christmas pronouncement
That begins in my own mind
With my own soul
And sparkles quietly outward
I hope it does

I hope the peace I choose
Brings peace to others
By proxy

That's how peace on earth can be

So sleep well these pre-Christmas nights
Heavenly
Getting ready
for the Prince of it

No comments: