The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Every Courageous Journey

"Every courageous journey has its setbacks."

I wrote those words to someone this week, to encourage them to keep going with something that was hard and important.  But tonight I find myself in need of them.

I am embarking, ever so slowly, onto sad and needful territory in my personal understandings of relationships.  Big changes that shake up long held thinking.  Choosing a completely different direction than the persistent course I've pursued for over 25 years.  Never expected I'd be stepping out this way.  Couldn't have imagined I'd be the one to let what's gone go.

It was a courageous thing I did today.  Feels magnificent and awful all at the same time.  But right.  Let the dead thing die.  Being honest with myself for the first time in a long time, and I don't like it, but it's true, but it hurts still.

So I need that courage.  And that truth about the setbacks.  It's okay.  Keep going.

Someone told me this week, "You're wonderful."  I choose that.

And anyways, what I let go of today, wasn't ever really mine in the first place. 




No comments: