The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, July 10, 2017

This Is Where I Am




Where the rock is the resonate constant
And the sky’s hue is unfathomable blue
To remind me how much bigger than me my life is.

Where turtles tutor in the benefits of basking,
And beavers do what they do best
Because, of course, it’s what they were made for.

Where waters heal with stillness
And shores restore
And silence becomes the sound of a soul consoled.

Here I breathe
And seethe with solace
Fasting and lasting for a long time alone

Except for You

My Rock, My Resonate Constant
Unfathomable in every possible measure
To remind me how much bigger than me my life is

You tutor in the benefits of basking
And that it’s okay to be me and love what I do
Because, yes, it’s what You made me to do.

Beside the waters with You I heal
Restored and more
Consoled in soul again by the food of silence
And the joy of weedy-wading, critter-collecting, wild-hood reclaiming wonders
And the in-spite-of-me mutual positive regard of their parents
And the long love of a very good man.

Here I breathe
And receive Your solace
Feasting and rising again to love and maybe even lead
Your people, Our people -
That wasabi community of faith who owns my heart -
Once again.
One more time.

In this between with You
Is where I am




No comments: