The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, July 22, 2019

Hunger for Beauty

Home, back in the city now after a truly satisfying three weeks at my other home on the Freddy Channel.  And internet being rather 'thready' up there (not entirely a bad thing) I thought I'd just post some shots.  Summer Part One, if you will.

Soon I will enter Summer Part Two, heading to Thailand for two and half weeks with a Team who will be visiting our children at the New Family Foundation (Hot Springs).  More pictures there for sure.

Then it will be Summer Part Three, and more photo ops of water and sun and blueberries (at least I'm hoping there'll still be some), and critters and... well you get the picture (pun intended).

Love Steve Bell's song the repeats the phrase "Why do we hunger for beauty?"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnOmOyYxu0 The answer, theologically, is that we long for connection with our Creator and are drawn to knowing and being known in the midst of what we see instinctively as beautiful.  My hunger has been fed in so many ways already in just this Summer Part One of the season.

Grateful for all the bounty and beauty of my life.  Amazed that my Creator would invite me into this so intimately.























No comments: