The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Random Musings Of A Farang With A Camera On A Sunday In Thailand



Random Musing 1. 
I am a Sunday morning sunrise junkie.  Can't get enough of that first-dawn freshness and a day laden with possibilities.  Especially when it includes the gathering of faithful folks with simple lives in complex contexts.  And especially when it includes the chance to be together to remember that first Resurrection morning and the reason for the hope that makes us recklessly brave in the face of anything.



 

Random Musing 2.
Love my Thai ladies.  These three are especially faithful in coming to worship every week.  How did I ever get to be so honoured to be counted among them as part of this church family? 






Random Musing 3.
Could the greeters be any more adorable?



Random Musing 4.
Moved this morning by music and lyrics I am understanding more and more, and by the sweet way the Spirit dances with us and among us, voices lifted in exuberance and defiant praise.




Random Musing 5.
What am I doing, thinking I have anything of consequence to bring to these people as a preacher?  If anything this whole cross-cultural teaching thing only exposes all the weakness, and drills me down to the bare bones of what I believe about anything.  I love/hate the humility of it.  Wouldn't even do it except one of those bare-bones-beliefs is that the Holy Spirit is an excellent translator.  Also and unrelated, a small bug flew right up my nose, right at the end of the sermon, propelled by the perfect intersection of inhalation, fan rotation, and it's own unfortunate misdirection.  Problem solved discretely.  But I do have to put that into the 'never happened to me before' category of preaching stories. [No picture included.  You're welcome.]





Random Musing 6.
Pumpkin Tapioca for dessert at lunch!  Had two helpings and bragged about it to the cook - Yupa's Mom - who couldn't help looking terribly pleased.  You know you've been in Thailand for a while when this kind of stuff makes you hungry!


No comments: