The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Seven Days


How is it something comes on you so fast, even when you've been longing for it for so long?

In just seven days, Megan and I will be on a plane, heading for Thailand. Seven days!

Seven days to the mango smoothies made by the lady in the roadside stand. Seven days to rice for breakfast, lunch and supper. Seven days to vicious humidity and tropical bugs. Seven days to nothing but flip flops on red dirt outside, and bare feet on clean, cool ceramic tile, inside.

Seven days to geckos and almost wild dogs and orchids everywhere. And crazy driving on the wrong side of the road and white water buffalo grazing in oblivion by the sides of the road.

Seven days until the children. The children. It scares me sometimes how much I am long for them all. With seven days to go I am eager for little hugging reunions and shy wai's.

Seven days until I am sitting under the roof of the outdoor dining space at Hot Springs, talking with our kids, playing games, practicing my Thai, watching them in wonder....that I get to be there again.

Seven days until the piece of my heart that stays there can be connected again with the rest of me.

I am most certainly the richest woman on the planet. I must be, because here I am again, packing for Thailand. How is it I am allowed to go again? What lavish gift is this? I am undeserving. I bring so little to the table compared to the overwhelming abundance that comes pouring out to me when I'm there.

Seven days.

2 comments:

Joel Bennett said...

Less than that now....praying that you go and get filled up...have fun with Meagan

Kim said...

Counting down with you. May your many happy reunions more than make up for the rice :)