The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Last Sunday Morning

Feeling an unusual weariness of soul this morning as I wait in these moments of preparation for Hot Springs worship service to begin.

I am speaking this morning. That's not unusual. "Hot Springs' spiritual mother" Suradet calls me, and he strongly encourages me to teach as much as possible when I am here.

And I like doing it. But I am also keenly aware of the inadequacies of my language skills and my lack of cultural context. On this trip, particularly, I feel I have not had time for that essence of being so essential for effective spiritual communication to any group of gathered souls.

There's more. I am not quite ready to turn my heart towards home, still greedy for more of this other home to be home for longer.

Father, empower my words this morning. Be my suffiency in all the inadequacies of my tongue and soul. And help my heart know You as home always.

Amen
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments: