The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Safe

Tonight I am suddenly overwhelmed with the safety of this place.

For all of life's harshness, there is the piercing gentleness of the loon's sympathizing melancholy.

For all the rough waters, the storms you didn't see coming, there's the exquisite calm of the bay at sundown.

For all the crazy ways our crazy lives make for crazy-making hurry, there is here, by the water's edge, something holy -- time.

And it seems that it comes around me like a force field, a barrier, a castle's moat. Here, I am away and safe for long enough to rest and heal and find my soul again.
Not crushed.
Not in despair.
Not abandoned.
Not destroyed.

(2 Corinthians 4:7-10).


Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Beautiful...keep basking in the safety of your "Eden".
Love, Juanita