The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tied Up At The Dock


For the simplicity of it
The off loading and unplugging
The fierce gentleness of a space that asks nothing of you
Just gives

For blueberry therapy
And still water healing
And cool breezes restoring
And expansive sky reminding me of just how big You are

And the seagulls and jenny wrens and humming birds and redheaded woodpeckers
And the water snakes and snapping turtles and salamanders and toads
And the otter and the beaver and the red fox and, yes, the bear

For the boat
The ride
The wildness of Your Spirit over the waves
And then....

Tying up
Just like that
Simple and snug and so secure

Being quietly
With You
Who loves me.
You must,
To give me this gift
Over and again, summer by summer
Tied up at the dock
With You

RAB11

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Soon...
As always my prayers have been for you, but too, I find my thoughts anticipating "for you", this paradise of time away that is just around the bend.
Ahhh...
lovingly,
Juanita