The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Outside

I am hoping to spend most of the weekend outside.

They're calling for rain on Friday night. But otherwise it's looking good for some time to be still out on the patio, now that I have it mostly the way I like it.

Or busy finally clearing off the large branch that fell during the storm on July 19, now that Ken bought another chain saw for the house (having left one at the cottage).

Or mowing the lawn now that time and weather might overlap.

Ate outside today. A delightful luncheon on the back deck of my so-gifted friend, Juanita. Sunshine and stuffed mushroom caps and meaningful conversation all at once, and all of it delicious!

Came outside just before supper. Here now. Outside.

I think I am a summer girl.

Lots of life happens outside at Hot Springs too. All year long. The main dining room for the kids is actually a shelter, so everyone eats outside for three meals a day all year long. And then, just life. The walking to and from each building of the 'complex'. Playing football or waterballoon toss in the front yard. Collecting red ant larvae for snacks. Laundry and gardening and sweeping and watering. All outside. All the time.

Probably I need to be outside more in the winter. But as a summer girl, it seems I just connect better with my own soul and with God's heart without the constriction of four walls. Especially when it's warm enough to be out here blogging, for example.

Father, Prabadah, thank You for Your garden presence.


Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

1 comment:

Juanita said...

I am enjoying these frequent posts from "summer girl" :) It is an indication, I believe, of a slower ease back into ministry. I love to hear from your refreshed soul.
Enjoy friend:)