The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On Our Way


The Team is on its way!

At the time of this writing it's 2 a.m. our time. Except you're not supposed to do that, keep checking your watch and translating the time back. Here in LA it's only 11 p.m. But, hey, that's still late, and I'm still tired.

But happy. Really happy. Almost Skittles happy without the Skittles. Poor George and Starr. They've been very tolerant, even to the point of pulling themselves out of their sleepy slump to pose for this picture. We are waiting at Gate 121, the famous, long-layover gate of this (my) third time. Feels like home to me. Wait! That reminds me of a song. (See, told ya...Skittles happy.)

We have come through the all the security and customs checks with remarkable ease, had an uneventful first flight, rescued George's hat from having abandonment issues, have had a "robust" meal (my small group will understand that word) at a snappy Mexican restaurant, and have now found our wandering way around this massive labyrinth that is LAX.

I still can't believe I get to go again. I can't. What a gift this is to my astonished soul. That God would allow this, that the people in my life would let me go, shoulder my responsibilities at church and at home, that generous hearts would provide the means, thoughtful hearts would stock the snack bag, that praying hearts would cover us.

So...here we are, at Gate 121, waiting for that long, long but-numbing flight to Taipei, Skittles-happy without the Skittles...at least I am :).

We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Skittles happy is over-rated. I'll take Thai orphan happy anytime.

From here to there, from me to you... you are not alone. Our God is a great big God (wait . . . that reminds me of a song).

My heart is smiling with yours.

Anne