The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


For my Mom, who turns 82 today.

I celebrate you, Mom, for your life and legacy.
For always believing the best of me, and being a strong voice in my childhood for the strength in each of us.
For knowing and using your spiritual gifts of Faith and Giving, even without ever having attended any seminar on the matter.
For delighting the simplest of things and teaching me that there is joy in ever day if you look for it.
For demonstrating tenacity and loyalty in an age of convenience and self-servitude.
For showing me that it is possible to live a life in which there is no bad word for any human being.
For giving generously to global initiatives, long before that was the "new cool" thing to do.
For telling me about Jesus and being there when I gave my heart to Him.

I hope our ride in the country today, the only thing you've asked for your birthday, brings you joy and fills your soul.

I love you Mom.

Ruth Anne

No comments: