The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Severe Mercy


For you O God, tested us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our back. You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.

Psalm 66:10-12


Hold me together, Yahweh
Let it never be said that I trusted in vain
It's Your reputation that makes me outrageously brave.

Hold out Your mercy to me
Go ahead and correct me for the sake of Your name.
It's not much of a threat but my hoping is keeping me sane,
Again and again.

In Your love remember me.

Steve Bell



Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.

Make level paths for
your feet,
so that the lame may not be disabled,
but rather healed.
Hebrews 12:12-13



Though you were ruined and made desolate
and your land laid waste,
now you will be too small for your people,
and those who devoured you will be far away.
The children born during your bereavement
will yet say in your hearing,
'This place is too small for us;
give us more space to live in.'
Then you will say in your heart,
'Who bore me these?
I was bereaved and barren:
I was exiled and rejected.
Who brought these up?
I was left all alone,
but these -- where have they come form?'

Isaiah 49:19-21


Morning by morning, I wake up to find
The strength and the comfort of God's hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him amazed,
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways,
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me.

Carolyn Ahrens





In repentance and rest is your salvation.
In quietness and trust is your strength.

Isaiah 30:15


Only with You, Abba.
Only You.
Else all is lost.

RAB09

1 comment:

Juanita said...

My heart breaks for your broken heart...my heart rejoices in the beauty of God's spirit covering your brokenness.
Juanita