The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Today Was 30 K!

I just counted.

This morning I swam kilometer 30!

My "swim to Thailand" is almost over. Friday morning will be the last of this particular fundraising event. I had promised to swim 30 k between September 1 and October 16 and....I did it!

No ice caps the whole time, I promise.

And I just counted something else. My total raised in $1,830.90! There's still a ways to go to be able to send the total amount of $8,000.00 to Asia's Hope for Suradet and the Hot Springs family for the truck.....but honestly? I'm just grateful to be able to send this much.

I am so grateful to the friends who have supported me in this. I appreciate so much your hearts for the kids in Thailand who will benefit from this gift. There is something very good, holy even, that happens when we spread around the good things God has given us to benefit others. It's the "conduitivity" we were talking about on Sunday morning. One of the three prevailing attitudes required to develop a robust gratitude, 1) inventority - taking stock, 2) humility - being appropriately small, and 3) conduitivity - passing it on. (I just love making up words :)

Three more swims. I'll keep swimming though.

It's good for me. Quiets my soul first thing in the morning.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Great!!! Can I have a copy of Sunday's teaching??? Please???
Juanita