The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, February 10, 2020

Four More Days But Who's Counting?

Sneaking in another update between a delightfully unexpected day trip and a delightfully expected visit from a new friend.

The day trip will help provide more pictures to post, which is what I intended when I got started yesterday.  This time there'll be a little more focus on the girls.

Meena and Atom
 The first part of the morning I was anticipating.  Day off school, so we were going to treat the kids to a swim and picnic snack just up the road at the Hot Springs Park.  There's a children's pool for the younger ones, and I was given the happy task of watching over six of our girls while they played in the water.  You have to picture a perfectly warm day, my feet dangling in the water, sipping on fresh and pure coconut water, and watching adorable humans I love like crazy having fun in the pool.  Sigh.  The harsh life of the missionary.....but hey, it's part of the job.
My 'missionary work' station today.
Aaaaaannnnd...the jump shot fails...but they sure are cute!
Gam

It was fun to let the teenagers roam free in the park for a bit, each having 50 baht to 'go wild'.  Don't laugh.....that $2.00 equivalency goes a long way.   Caught up to them as they were finishing their mid morning feast.  Don't worry.....it's not going to ruin their appetite for lunch.







I thought we were going up the road for 15 baht bowls of noodles, but apparently a different little plan had come to mind.  Proving that it actually is possible to be spontaneous with a family of over 20, Suradet and Yupa decided to try out a new destination part way up the mountain, near to where we did the zip line that year, for the Team that might remember that queasy drive.  I won't mention any names, but one of us on board was extra sorry to have indulged a little too much earlier on.   Destination was a small village that has take advantage of the many visitors that come to see the waterfall, and also buy their coffee.  Think St. Jacobs.  It had that vibe. We saw the waterfall and stopped to have our picture taken against the outside wall of one of the oldest wooden buildings in the region.  It's a famous picture spot.  We actually had to wait about 15 minutes for our turn.





Several times during the day, at the park and in the truck for all the driving, I was asked if I was okay, or if I was tired.  I realized I'd been pretty quiet.  And I guess there were two reasons for that.  One is that I just wanted to be fully present in the each moment as it was happening; to soak up the joy and gentleness along with the free Vitamin D and February's agreeable temperatures.  I've been sort of working full out non stop for the past three weeks, pretty much 24/7.  It was lovely to just take a break today, something that wouldn't have happened in quite the same way if the kids didn't have the day off. 

The other was....well, I'm just trying not to be sad yet, but it happens.  I know Friday's coming.  And while there is so much about my rich life in Canada that I can't wait to get back to, it's always a both/and kind of deal for my heart.  

I'll add this shot of this pink papery bloom that's everywhere right now.  Can't resist getting in for the closeups on the flowers!

Time to get ready for my expected visitor.  More on that tomorrow I hope.


No comments: