The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, February 26, 2024

Monday Morning Exhale


You know you've had an abundant weekend when....

You barely had enough time to take any pictures, let alone post anything, let alone stop and reflect on it all.

So here I am sitting in the relative quiet of a brilliant Monday morning, feeling 'spent but well-spent', and taking a pause before I begin the week.

I'll write about this in a little bit, over on the Highview to Haiti blog, and those most involved have heard already, but we were able to exceed our $10,000.00 fundraising goal towards the care of ten vulnerable seniors in Pignon, Haiti.



Just as a recap, these dear ones live at a place called Auberge des Vieillards, under the care of staff and leadership provided by the Pignon Church. Again, more details at the Highview Haiti blog later, but for now, let's just say, I am over the top grateful to be part of something so true. And I couldn't be more in awe of all the volunteers that came together and worked really, really hard to make it happen!!!

Also this weekend, adventurous members of my family returned from a trip to Florida, just in time to celebrate Jayden's birthday. He's seven, if you can believe it! It was great to see them, and to hear the stories, and to eat cake. They had saved up for four years for this. Lots of great memories made for sure.




If I dip back into the latter part of last week,
there was also the Intercultural Leadership Conference at Tyndale on Thursday,
and there the celebration of life for an incredible woman, the mother of a friend, on Friday.

So yes, an abundant past few days.

That brings me more or less to this morning, and the sunshine. It's 'fake spring' I know. We'll get more snow and wintery temperatures yet, I know. But in spite of myself I'm starting to make plans for setting up the patio out back.




But not today.

Today begins a week deliberately planned to recover and catch up and reflect.

One of my favourite texts from the Psalms expresses well how I feel about Monday mornings.

Psalm 5:3
In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.

Every morning yes.
But especially Mondays
when the week is barely unfolding itself out before us.

Take a deep breath, my friends.
Feels like there's so much potential for good things ahead.

No comments: