The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, February 12, 2024

Real-Time and Everywhere On Purpose


1 John 4:12

No one has ever seen God;
but if we love one another,
God lives in us,
and His love is made complete in us.

Yup. I'm on a Valentine's theme this week, with Wednesday being February 14 and all the red and pink of it being something I so want to celebrate.

But not just the romance bit.

Romance is great, and I'm so glad for a life-long sweetheart. Our story is a good one, and I hope I am known for repeating it often.

It's just that I am thoroughly convinced that we miss out on the enormous scope of love when we make it about couples only. Are you kidding me? The vastly different loves of my life in the full spectrum of my relational world, bring a depth and breadth and wildness and wonder I can barely articulate.




Hard to describe, probably because, according to John's first letter, there is some manifestation of the image of God made visible in how we love one another. This is a sense of our human connections somehow "making complete" the love of the Divine.

How is this even a thing?

The invisible become visible.
The mysterious mesmerizes.
Like clouds in formation,
and forget-me-nots
sending not-so-secret messages.

Except, unlike these totally-untouched captures that I took with my phone camera, nothing about our love for one another is wispy or accidental. Quite the opposite. I would have to say that all the beautiful richness of my love life has been, in various degrees of intensity, on purpose.

What if, this week, and every week for that matter, we just told the people we love that we love them? What if we did it on purpose-like, in ways they love to hear it? What if we, on purpose, went about creating and bolstering and refining the invisible, eternal love of God, by engaging with each other in visible, tangible ways in real time?

Grateful for a Monday morning full of love.
It's everywhere.



No comments: