The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Heads Up for the Next Few Days


For me right now it's 10:50 p.m. and I'm literally dropping off as I wait for internet connections to load. So I think it would be best to just go to bed now and take some time tomorrow morning to fill you in on some of the very cool God-moments of this day in Thailand. There have been so many!



But for the record and for those who've wanted to be praying for me in specific ways, I thought I'd just give an expected itinerary of the next few days.

Sunday a.m. Preaching at the church service held right here at Doi Saket, for homes 1 and 2.
Sunday p.m. Pack and leave for Wiang Pa Pao, north east of Chiang Mai, where all the children 4th grade and up are heading for a retreat. This includes all Hot Springs children, so I need to be there.
Sunday p.m. Give the opening lesson for the retreat (all about Who Is My Friend? and the story of the Good Samaritan.

Sunday to Tuesday - At the retreat, speaking one more time duirng.

Tuesday Head back to Debbie an Mike's for a shower and one night stay over before heading up to Hot Springs to stay.

Wednesday to Monday, probably - At Hot Springs with the children.

Friday, probably, go with Hot Springs children to the zoo.

Sunday next - Preach at Hot Springs church.

Sunday or Monday, return to Debbie and Mikes' to prepare for the flight home.

Already the experience has been so rich, I can hardly believe I haven't even actually started the "being with the Hot Springs kids" immersion thing quite yet.

I'll tell you more tomorrow but I got a really good start in getting to know our kids today, while they were in attendance at the dedication service for the new Education Centre at Doi Saket.

Honestly, that's all I can give you tonight. I'm so tired! But in a very satisfying way. My soul is being filled up moment by moment, hug by hug, child by child.

Ruth Anne

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Wow...you are busy wherever you are...ha,ha And you are speaking quite a bit...must be challenging and soul-filling all at the same time. I am praying. How neat that God keeps filling you. Love you, Juanita

Anonymous said...

It sounds fantastic Ruth Anne. How full your soul sounds! That is just great. We are still praying for you. Love you, Louanne