The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Un-Nesting


 
I am confident of this,
that the one who began a good work in you
will be faithful to complete it
until the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6

Yes this does seem like a season of stretching.

And I am sorely tempted to complain, 
which, ironically only proves my point.
Seasons of the spirit 
where I am more aware than I am perhaps in others 
just how far I have yet to go.

The anticipated move.
The disruption of my nest 
providing disruption of my soul.
The letting go of stuff 
revealing how much I still cling to for validity.
The 'misty middle' of our time line 
forcing faith I thought I already possessed.
Letting God have this, 
as in 'He's got this,' 
as if I haven't given it to Him countless times 
already.

So I'm glad for promises to run to.
Like the one where there's confidence in the process.
The completing of me continues.
Good work, it says.
Yes, good.
Stretching.
Uncomfortable.
But good.

And He is faithful.
He is.
And while I'm called to faithfulness, 
of course I am,
it's His faithfulness,
not mine,
that makes it happen.
Is
making it happen.
Until The Day.

And isn't it so appropriate
that this is all happening
during Lent.



No comments: