The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

All About Me and Not About Me

 



It's raining, and I haven't been out in the kayak two days in a row, and the internet's just a tad wonky at the moment.

But I'm really okay with all of that, because -- it's raining.

Maybe I'm just feeling guilty for so thoroughly reveling in the 'total summer' weather we've had up here since we arrived June 18. All out sunshine and bring on the heatwave. Can we keep up with making the ice? Glad we brought all those freezies -- for when the kids get here!

I'm a summer girl all the way through, so all this glory makes being up here that much more idyllic for me. Plus, in the good weather, I'm all set up outside with my work station, just soaking in all the 'outdoorsy' I can. The deck becomes another 'room'. So much space and quiet and little chipmunk friends.

But today it's raining and I'm inside, and none of that is happening....and that's okay.


 

Because everywhere we need the fires to stop.
My whole life I can't remember a time when I can see and smell the smoke like this!

And while I'm enjoying all my bliss on the deck, there are valiant women and men fighting in the thick of it, putting their lives on the line to keep us safe. You are not forgotten. And we extend all gratitudes to those who have arrived from other places to help us beat back the flames.

And I think today I'm just resting in a deep state of contentment, remembering all the bigger things around me that compel me to welcome the rain.

And this is, of course, all about the rain and not about the rain.

No comments: