The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Friday, August 6, 2010

All This And Summit Too

First week back has been so good!

Following the counsel of two pastor friends who have done sabbaticals themselves, I am not racing back into insanity. "Easing back in" would be more descriptive. Of course, this is only possible because of the amazing people at Highview who know their stuff and commit their hearts to building bigger hearts. I have come home to a smooth running ship and glad but not desperate welcomes. What a gift.

And...the end of this week includes the Leadership Summit, out of the Willow Creek Association. Members of our Staff Team are attending the London satellite site. Day one was yesterday.

For me personally, it just feels like a different kind of dock experience. God's presence, plus my full attention, plus impeccable timing, plus great company and dialogue (that's not part of the dock thing but...), equals more learning, more ideas, more excitement for the future....more building into my soul.

My Dad often used an expression. "All this and heaven too!" Mostly he said it looking at his dessert, especially if it was pie. I guess that's how I'm feeling about my first week back and how it has included the power packed experience that is the Summit, and how all of it is coming together after such an important, restorative time away.

And it's not even Sunday yet!

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Wow...so neat Ruth Anne. I'm thrilled for you!
Two more sleeps...and then a big hug!!! :)
Juanita