The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I made you in your mother's womb
I chose you.
Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work.
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

First Sunday back.
Big morning this.
Wonder if I remember how to preach.

There are lots of hugs of welcome.
Mean more than I could explain.
And a church welcome just before I started the sermon.

And this morning the worship really rocked!
I love to worship in the quiet on the Freddy Channel.
I love to worship with my friends at Cognashene Community Church.
I love to worship in the joyful, skillful noise that is our offering of music at Highview.

And I'm back, and it's all okay, and not nearly as hard to readjust as perhaps I feared it would be. Crawling up out of the mellow, as my friend Bill would say, hasn't been too hard.

And in this returning there is a stronger sense of calling again.
I'm no Jeremiah.
I don't have the "prophet to the nations" assignment.
But I do have an assignment
And I do believe God's pre-chosen strategy is fairly standard issue.
And I do believe I have been prepared for something new this season.

It's time.
And I have been poured into
To get ready

So here I am
Doing what God figured out a long, long time ago
But making it new and fresh and real and pressing and big and special work
To come home to.

Which feels good.
And is good.
And will be good
In His goodness.

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Ruth Anne...it was sooooo good to have you back today! I experienced your fervor and holy intensity as you taught us this morning.
Welcome Home!
I too anticipate this coming ministry season...fulfilling His calling in my life as well.
Side by side...for Him,
Juanita

Anne said...

And all God's people said " Boo ya"!

(Holy speak for yes, this is true. You have been called with a purpose for this very place. And I'm glad you're back - to all of it.)

Love,

Anne