The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Saturday, July 6, 2013

All Over Again

I'm very aware of the captured moments this year. Having the grandchildren with us, first everyone last weekend and for this week and next, just the two, gives me countless opportunities to marvel.

Time, it seems both stands still and charges by, all in the passing of a moment. How long ago was it that my own two stood in these same shallows, taking wonder at the whole other world of minnows and frogs and snakes? How long ago was there a line full of wet bathing suits, or a huge box of crayons on that same table when the morning gave way to showers?

Kristyn turns 31 today. Yet here she is, represented by her 7 year old future self, swimming for all she's worth out to the shoal. And earlier the son of my son stood in serious concentration, fishing like only an almost three year old can fish. His Dad did the same, and the memories are clear. But that was almost 30 years ago.

No matter. It's possible, I'm finding, to make it stop, just in that moment, simply by noticing. And praying whispers of wonder and gratitude. When I do that, when a smile or a snuggle or the simple act of climbing out of the boat catches my heart, and then when I worship in it and breathe joy into it, revel in it.....then the racing of time complies for that moment, and stops.

Right here. Right now.

Will I live to repeat the cycle again? I don't know. Depends on God's good plans, and if there's anyone willing to carry Great-Gramma up from the boat, I guess.

Happy Birthday, my baby girl. You changed my life forever. Now your children are doing it too, all over again.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments: