The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Taking Shape

It's all just in the early stages but I'm liking how things are coming together so far.

For one, my quiet outside space welcomed some more greenery and colour today. That along with what I pulled together on Monday has begun a transformation that just has consecrated written all over it.

Well, to be honest, at the moment the summer students next door are playing their music way too loud, so the holy hush has skittered away to hide until it's safe to come out. Even so, I can't help being happy at how things are coming. It's a bit eclectic, but I have begun to feel the draw of it.

When my mind is brought back to this space with a sense of anticipation, then I know it's starting to be a place where my soul can rest.

But the backyard space isn't the only thing that's taking shape right here at the beginning of my season. Today I spent about five hours with my theological mentor and sermon prep consult Bill Webb. My head is full!

I first knew Bill as my seminary professor, granting me that odd and wonderful experience of being sad that class was over. He's come to speak at Highview a number of times over the years, providing us with depth and expertise on some of the Bible's thornier issues. Not that long ago he served as my advocate, successfully negotiating my transfer to Tyndale, for which I am so grateful. And now I have the enormous privilege of conferring with Bill as I map out each season's teaching scope and sequence.

Today's session was long and thorough but thoroughly invigorating. There's a lot of reading and digesting and sermonizing to do, but I think Highview is in for some good learnings together this season.

I am honoured to be invested in by someone so scary smart and yet so totally accessible and genuinely helpful as Bill. He is a good gift to me personally, and to Highview.

So, only day two. Still early into things, I know. Still, I'm thinking good thoughts about the season ahead, sitting out here in my space.

And the students just turned oof the radio :).
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments: