The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back Beside The Pond

First official day of the new ministry season for me. Here the cycle begins again, setting the tone and pace for the months of God's goodness to unfold in the life of this astonishing congregation I am honoured to serve.

The church building overlooks the pond. From my spot here on the other side, I catch the warmth of the rising sun on my face, and have a praying view of our property.

You can't see it from here but our new parking lot is complete. I never saw asphalt that was so beautiful. Of course the landscaping contributes (with thanks to John and Nick and all the people who have lent us their garden hose for watering).

Last year I sat in this very spot and heard God say, as clearly as we hear these things, The timing on this lot is exactly as I have wanted it. To spend yourselves in Haiti and Thailand instead of focusing on this project was the right thing to do."

Then last April when Suradet and Yupa were here, I told them our story. And he prayed for God's blessing. And by May 1 we were being told that our price had come down 50 grand, meaning we could go ahead.

Now it's done. A new season is here, in more than one way.

Last season was hard, no question. But it also brought much in terms of moving forward and digging deeper and expanding further into the call God has placed on us. I am humbled.

And so I step out into today confident that God goes with me, no matter what's waiting.
Grateful.


Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments: