The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Gratitude's Destination


 

The Scripture

“And my God will meet all your needs

according to the riches of His glory

in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 4:19

 

The Song

“For food and friends

and all God sends

we give Him thanks.

Amen”

 

First the song.

 

This simple childhood prayer-song is happily stuck in my head this Thanksgiving Sunday morning.

The way I learned it, it starts high and swings melodically downward in a joyful lilt.

Simple.

But it basically covers it.

 

All the best parts of my life are coming together this day.

Suradet, Yupa and Bell arrived yesterday all the way from Thailand.  Our first hours together have been so rich already.

Worship at Highview in the morning.  What can I say?  How else would you spend Thanksgiving Sunday moring?  

Family gathering for turkey dinner in the evening.  We do not take this for granted!

And everything that unfolds before me is more than everything I could ask or imagine.

 That’s the Scripture.

The promise.

Everyday it comes true in a thousand-million ways of praise.

 

I am overwhelmed.

Oh.  My.  God.

You.

Worship is the inevitable destination of gratitude. 

May your Thanksgiving overwhelm you too.

No comments: