The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

When a Plan Comes Together



Many are the plans in a person's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21
It's Toronto today. Right downtown. And yes, we'll do some sights because who can resist the CN Tower? And truth be told, I've never been to the Aquarium myself.
But we're also exploring (personally, not through NFF) some educational possibilities for Bell in the future. Just keeping an open mind and seeing what's out there. The world is a big place, after all.
And it's all been in the works for months already, setting up appointments and mapping out the calendar. Not just for this visit, but for the whole 'abundant' fall that it's been.
And it's not over yet. A Team of six of us will be leaving for Chiang Mai November 6. You want to believe there's lots of planning happening for that as well.
It's been a lot. Even for me, who loves planning.
I woke up this morning realizing that basically we're already half way through this well-planned out fall. Wow! That went fast! And I'm happy to say that for all intents and purposes, it's all happening more or less how I imagined it.
Plans are unfolding nicely.
And.
All intents and purposes are, for me, not up to me in the end. That's what the proverb reminds us of. God's plans and purposes are what we're after, what we want to see prevail. And no worries, because the story of God is that He does indeed lead us to the end game of restoration, peace, healing, forgiveness, and all things being as they should be.
Yes, I know that's a loaded piece of theology/philosophy to plonk down at the beginning of a day that will take us to Toronto. And I know that I could legalistically tack on, "God willing" to the end of every sentence, this one included.
But I'd rather live it out that tack it on.
I'd rather just live in the humility of making plans but moving forward trusting that the God who loves me will lead me like I'm asking Him to.
He does. He has. He will.
-----
I think I should be taking more pictures.
Pretty sure today will hold lots of photo ops.

No comments: