The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Clay Pots and Open Hands

 



It's a fresh morning out there!
A beautiful Tuesday sunrise on a day where I'm eager and curious to press into whatever unfolds.

As I write, Suradet, Yupa and Bell have made their connection and are on their last flight home. They'll let us know when they arrive safely, and I'll pass that along when I can.

Meanwhile, here I am in the last stretch of preparations for my own long journey there in less than a week's time. There's still a fair bit to do; packing, preparing lessons, writing sermons, and tying up the last bits of things here that a month's absence always requires.

I'll admit that my own health situ is still a tad ambiguous until I can have 'the conversation' with my doctor once tests results are in. It's not a bad thing, though, to be put in that space where all my talk about living a 'surrendered life' has the chance to be lived out in real time.

In my journal last night I wrote it all out. Did the ask, with specific details. But in the end, who am I to tell God how to do His job? I ended it with a freeing statement of release that I meant with all my heart.

"Whatever. I'm Yours."

Some more words, from one of my all time cherished chapters in the New Testament.

"But we have this treasure (the good news of Jesus) in jars of clay (our human bodies or limitations) to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from us."
2 Corinthians 4:7

So, pressing into that, here I come Tuesday.

Hope yours is everything you need it to be.
Stay happy and safe if you're trick or treating.



No comments: