The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Pressing Pause

In stark contrast to the pace I've been keeping lately, I spent the day in the family room on our big comfy chair with my feet up and a heating pad on my back, drinking ridiculous amounts of water.

I may be passing a kidney stone.

Yup. If timing is everything this is pretty much it.

Surprisingly, I'm staying calm and optimistic, hoping to hear back from my urologist and grateful that my symptoms, while fairly obvious (not my first rodeo), are still relatively mild.

The household was totally chill about it, more than okay to cancel any penciled-in plans about going to market (raining anyways) or even Thrift on Kent (which I do hope we can get to at one point). Maybe we all needed a cozy day inside with totally nowhere to get to and nothing to be on time for.

Happily, work is an excellent distraction for me while my body works to do its thing. I am coming to the end of this work day in a very satisfied state of mind. Lots of quiet concentration to press into some November-related tasks. More than I expected in the middle of the night last night when my symptoms kept me up for a couple of interesting hours.

Yes, this pause day is just what I needed.

If you are the praying sort, I'd appreciate some support in terms of having all of this done and gone by November 6th please. That's the day we all fly out as a Team for our first group visit since January 2020. And we've planned for several months on this already.

So that's the ask, as we've been invited to do.

And, having said that, I truly am trusting that God can do His job in whatever way He decides.

Gotta love it when 'one day at a time' becomes more real.

Blessings on this Thursday, all. 



No comments: