The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Got My Thursday On



May the favour of the LORD our God rest on us;
establish the work of our hand for us --
yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

A sure sign that being away from the city, all isolated here on an island, hasn't caused undue disconnection is the fact that I've had to mark off "Keep Clear" days on my calendar.

Today is one of them. No meetings. Just a day ahead of me open wide to several things on the list that require long stretches of concentration.

I've already been out in the kayak. Now I'm all set up inside (a tad breezy and cool to work out on the deck just yet) with a lovely view of the water, and a hot cup of tea by my side.

And I'm ready to get to work.

That work is now a joy and not an addiction is truly a significant part of my own story. I am mindful, always, that everything is surrendered to bigger things than myself, that it is indeed God who establishes the work of my hands.

For a compelling musical meditation on this Psalm, check out Steve Bell's original piece entitled simply, "Psalm 90."

Whatever your hands find to do this day, may it bring you the joy and satisfaction God intends for us.
And if the way is frustrating, I pray for resolutions, calmer spirits, and perhaps the benefit of a brisk walk (or kayak as the case may be).

Happy Thursday all.

No comments: