The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, October 14, 2024

Gratitude Triptych Panel 3 - Landscapes

 


Can I still say thank You when nothing's happening?

Proverbs 16:9
In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the Lord establishes their steps.

Or does gratitude grind a little while I'm waiting?

Habakkuk 2:3
For the vision awaits an appointed time; 
it speak of the end and will not prove false.  
Though it lingers, wait for it, it will certainly come.

Is there added irony and increased temptation for frustration when
it's the same deal on both side of the planet?

Ecclesiastes 3:1
To everything there is a season,
a time to every purpose under heaven.

All landscaped and ready.

2 Peter 3:8-9
With the Lord a day is like a thousand years,
and a thousand years like a day.
The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise,
as some understand slowness.
Instead He is patient with you, 
not wanting anyone to perish,
but everyone to come to repentance.

A build on property 45 km east of Chiang Mai.
To house our children and grow them into a secure future.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
Everything is beautiful in its own time.




A build on property in central Kitchener
to house ourselves without burden in the last decades of our lives here.

1 Timothy 6:15
For at just the right time
Christ will be revealed from heaven
by the blessed and only
Almighty God, 
the King of all kings,
and Lord of all lords.

But no digging yet.
No momentum, nothing happening, nada.

It's all just sitting there, 
waiting.

Psalm 130:5
I will wait for the LORD,
my whole being waits,
and in His word I put my hope,
I wait for the LORD
more than watchmen wait for the morning.

Can I still say thank You when nothing's happening?

This Thanksgiving weekend,
waiting like this,
I press towards the yes.
I choose what I can't lose.
I must trust.

Because this is the gratitude that comes 
speedily in the slowness of it,
when God's come through before.
He's famous for that, 
for coming through.
Rarely in ways I expected,
but exactly how it was meant to be.

So thank You for all the goodness of Your plans for these two properties, Faithful Father!
Thank You for the love that holds things back when I would rush forward, for the wisdom of it.
Thank You for providing everything we need right when we need it.
Thank You for the waiting.
This time when I get to learn to trust You over and again.

And I do know,
that when it looks like nothing's happening,
it's only because



I can't see what You see.

No comments: