The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Storm Day Interruptions

 



"I was glad when they said to me,
'Let's go worship together at the house of the LORD.'"
Psalm 122:1 (paraphrase)

We're still online right now, obviously, or you wouldn't be reading this. But the wind has changed and we can already hear the distant rumbles of a rather major storm coming this way.

The radar map looks quite impressive. All the colours. The kind of weather system that very likely will take us off line for the duration. Due to land where we are right around 10 a.m. or so.

With sensational weather and great connection dominating our fall so far, one can hardly complain about a stormy day here and there.

Except when it's a Sunday morning.

We are still hoping for the best, but it doesn't look too good for joining in for the online service. And it doesn't look good for participating remotely in the congregational meeting we call our Family Chat.

Both Ken and I were to give reports this morning. We thought it through enough to have others read for us if needed, so there's a back up for that. But we'll miss the worship, the teaching, and the overall updates on the life and vitality and mission that is our faith community.

Or maybe not. Maybe we'll be able to connect.

I guess I'm writing this morning mostly to my Highview beloveds.
I miss you.
It was so great to be there last week in person.
It's been important to me to tune in on Sunday mornings.
I'm so glad for all the connecting points throughout the week.
I'm eager to hear about all that God is doing amongst us.
(Don't worry. If we can't connect today, I'm chasing down all the ministry reports!)

Sure, the fire is on as we're all cozy up here.
But it's not the same.

I hear more thunder.
Better post this while I still can.

No comments: