The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Rising Songs


"And all of a sudden I am unaware of
these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
and I realize just how beautiful You are
and how great Your affection is for me."
How He Loves, by John Mark McMillan

"For our light and momentary (by comparison) troubles
are achieving for us an eternal glory
that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes on what is unseen,
since what is seen is temporary,
but what is unseen in eternal."
- Paul - 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

I would promise not to post any more sunrise pictures, but I think that's probably not going to happen, so...

And anyways....just look at that sky!!!

We sang this song, How He Loves Us, at Highview on Sunday. By this morning, I can't help but hear it crescendo as I come around the point to this. I'm immersed in something so much bigger than myself. A humbling love of explosion across the horizon. I feel unspeakably small and hugely significant all at the same time.

I stop paddling and just open my face to it.
I say nothing.
Let it come over me.

Afflictions eclipsed by glory.
Eyes fixed on the bigger things, the eternal things.
And the bright impossible sky reminds me,
reorients me.
Again.

So friends. Sorry, not sorry for another sunrise shot.
Praying glorious things for you this day.



No comments: