The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

In Case I Forget


 

Humble yourselves, therefore,
under God's might hand,
that He may lift you up in due time.
Cast all your anxiety on Him,
because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

Any worries that cooler temperatures might not be good for getting out in the kayak are thus far proven unnecessary. The proper clothing, plus the layer of my life jacket, plus the sun itself all provide ample warmth, especially as I get going.

Anyways, who could resist the flat water and open sky? As long as it's not raining and the wind isn't too enthusiastic, I'm on.

Made it to 25 times around this morning. And it only matters to me, to keep count like that. But it becomes a point of gratitude when, at the beginning of this season, I was waylaid by the physical limitations of recovering from abdominal surgery. My all time personal record for a cottage season is 37 times around. We only have 19 days left to be here, so I'm not hoping to beat that. Not this year. I'm just truly happy to have been able to get out as much as I have when, at one point, I was worried I might not get out at all.




And I come back in from my paddle and Ken has the fire going. And I realize yet another worry isn't even remotely coming true in that we were worried we'd be cold this fall. We have very limited options as to where to lay our head right now, and the cottage is the perfect place to be for the summer months, for sure. But we're not entirely set up for other seasons so much. So, we wondered. And then, an unusually warmer than usual autumn and a rather efficient fire place insert has taken care of that one too.

These little worries are not match, of course, for the bigger ones.
Hurricanes and floods and painful medical conditions all affecting people I love and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Many cares are on my heart these days. Lots that's happening in ways I don't want them to. I have no end of imagination for outcomes, if I forget to Whom I belong, and Who invites me to cast all these things on Him.




I just want to say here, how grateful we are for the outpouring of love and prayers and practical support that have already come in just since my Highview to Thailand: When It Rains, It Pours yesterday about the flooding in Chiang Mai. We are keeping up to date at least once every day, and will keep you posted if there are any significant changes.

Blessings on your Tuesday.
May whatever is laying heavy on your heart feel lighter in the hands of God.

No comments: