Back in the city now for the next four days. My flight leaves in the wee hours of the morning (1:45 a.m.) on Friday, September 4.
Four days. That's enough time to collect all the remaining Sponsors' Packets (thank you everyone!), pack and weigh, then repack and weigh again all those packets, everything I need to teach English and "In Style With Jesus," and -- oh, my own stuff. Although, it has been helpful to take advantage of the fact that I do have my own room in the guest house where I leave a lot of clothes and personal products, just so I don't have to lug them back and forth and have more room for the more exciting stuff.
Four days. That's enough time to finish off reports and follow ups, connect with everyone I need to connect with, do some last minute, well-timed banking, make sure to spend some time with grandkids, and stay calm and relaxed in the evenings so I can get good sleep before the long journey. And oh...drink lots of water!
Four days. That's enough time to reorient, reset, and recalibrate my settings from cottage life to Thai life. Not that it takes much to do that by now. While the demands are very different (see A Day in the Life), there's a similar 'country' life vibe at Hot Springs, and a comforting regularity to the day. Still, no time in the kayak for the next little while.
It's raining this morning, almost as if to prepare me for rainy season in Thailand.
I like it. It's cozy and quiet and helps me concentrate on all there is to do, but in a more relaxed kind of way.
And I better get to it!
Happy Monday everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment