The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Um.....Where's My Blue Notebook?

The long flight is over, and it wasn't so bad. I'm not sure if I'm getting more used to flying or I just know better what to wear and how to pack a carry on, but I'm not finding the actual trip to be nearly as gruelling as that first time in January of 2008. Plus, so far, I'm really liking this new route and airline. Except....I think we flew back over Toronto from Atlanta and got here by flying over the north pole!!! That's sure what it looked like from the map on the screen in the plane.

Didn't do nearly the kind of work or amount of work I thought I would. Perhaps being up now for more than 24 hours has something to do with it. Didn't sleep too much, just dozing on and off. But I feel really good, really relaxed, AND feeling the excitement at the same time.

I had a set back though. The small blue spiral bound note book that I started on our trip last May and added to in preparation for this trip, got left in the first plane. It's one of those 'no monetary value but HUGE personal value' kind of items. It has the words to Come Now Is The Time To Worship in Thai all written out, all the names of the children written out in Thai, lots of pictures and other smaller pieces of paper collected from last trip, a list of everything I left in the bin at Hot Springs, my lists for this trip...oh my.

I've already connected with Ken and he's chasing it down for me to see if they can send it home again. If they do, I still won't have it for this trip, but at least I'll have it.

Even so, I'm quite surprised at myself for how quickly and easily I'm letting it go. Maybe I'm getting better at the control thing? Maybe it's just put in a different perspective when you've spent the last 24 hours clutching your passport and boarding pass, keeping your purse strapped to you at all times and never letting your packback out of your sight. When I think of any other item I may have left behind in my sleep-deprived stupor, I'm really okay if it was my "Master Type A Notebook".

Want to write more but we'll be boarding soon.

I'll connect again when I get there.

Okay little Thai dek dek....I'm almost there.

No comments: