Pausing here in the middle of what feels like busy-enough day, just before I move into three busier-than-I've-had-in-a-while days over the weekend. (Yay for New Family Foundation's Annual Garage Sale!)
Yup. Back in the city. That means places to go, people to see, things to do. It is all the more important that I begin the day with my walk, which I do, in glorious sunshine, the warmth of which feeling so good through my jacket against the crisp of the morning air.
And while the leaves on the trees along the path have yet to turn, there's a creeping vine that always seems eager to get autumn going, with it's brilliant red flourishing finish to the summer season.
I feel ready. My summer-loving soul is always clingy for the last days of warm and bright, and it's never easy to close down the cottage for the winter, a task we have yet to do, booked for the week prior to Thanksgiving. Still, there comes a time, especially when the summer's been so abundant and rich and full and good, when it's okay to let go. Like the leaves will show us soon.
It's a kind of contentment, satisfaction, feeling all filled up that the psalmist described in Psalm 131.
No comments:
Post a Comment