The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, September 28, 2026

Sustaining Grace

 


After an over-the-top fabulous-but-demanding weekend, I knew I needed to spend Sunday afternoon on recharge.

So, two things.  A nap, which I happily relaxed into after worship service this morning (and it was SO GOOD to be home again with my beautiful faith family).
  
And then some slow putzing-around kind of fall decorating for the rest of the afternoon.


I don't do all that much for autumn decor, and much of it is from thrift stores or Dollorama.  But there's something centering and settling about turning the corner on summer, and embracing the beauty of what's to come.


As I wrote about previously I left some 'volunteer corn' to grow in the front in hopes it would add to the fall vibe on our porch later on.  Well, it's now later on and....I'm liking it!!  Add a fall mum and a ceramic (squirrel-proof) pumpkin, and we could be on a little farm somewhere!

I'll admit that at no other time of the year is orange my default colour.  But somehow, right about now, it's about the cheeriest hue there is.  And the yellows and the browns.  Just brings the beauty happening outside inside somehow.



Inside and out.  All the fall things.




Sometimes all it takes is a little garland of leaves.


By now, on Monday morning, I am surprised and grateful.  With a few nagging health issues off to the side, in the midst of all that transpired this weekend, I fully expected to be more or less trashed by today.  Had planned to treat it as a recovery day and not get back into things until tomorrow morning.

But here I am, rested and ready for the week ahead.  I truly believe I have been carried on the prayers of so many these past several weeks.  I have been sustained by God's sweet grace, given what I needed 'for life and godliness' (2 Peter 1:3) in ways beyond my own capacity to provide.  

To all who love fall, enjoy the week.  It's supposed to be spectacular.  
To any who are weary, I know what that feels like.  Hang in, rest if you need.  Prayers for you.

And to everyone who need a bit of orange cheer these days....look around.  It's everywhere waiting for you to notice.

No comments: