The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, October 27, 2008

One Last Post From Thailand


Yesterday was computer day. Mike, Debbie and I picked up the computer from the store and drove it out to Hot Springs before lunch. It would take a bit to set it up, so we went out for lunch at a little roadside restaurant nearby, sort of my final treat to Suradet and Yupa before I left. Big news about that lunch is that I actually tried some frog soup. Debbie was kind enough to fish out an entire leg to put in my bowl. I didn't get up the nerve to actually eat it (the curled up toes were just a tad much), but I did take a sip, and I have the photos and witnesses to prove it.

Following lunch we went back to Hot Springs and began the tediously exciting process of plugging everything in. It's amazing how fascinating unpacking boxes of computer equipment is to orphans. They sat and watched as if it was a first class perfomance.

The older kids were at school, so it was actually kind of nice just to be able to focus on the younger ones, especially the girls, who feel completely comfortable with me by now. Yupa was curious about one box, asking in Thai what this was. I showed her the picture, it was the printer scanner, and she started to cry. She didn't know that was coming with the deal. All of this will make her life so much easier in terms of helping the children with their school work, and what the church needs as well. This is a huge deal to them, and they couldn't express their gratitude enough.

"Please tell your members church how much we thank." I promised I would.


There was only one little glitch, unfortunately. The set up was all in English. Word was put to Thai script, and of course there's a Thai keyboard, but the initial Window's disply was still in English. Sadly we had to pack up the cpu to take it back to get that switched over. But it was all taken in stride.

While this was all going on, Miki, arms around my waist, says, in English, "Tomorrow." And then she draws a line down her cheek and makes crying noises. Yes, Miki, tomorrow I'll be crying too.

They're coming to the airport to send me off. Hope I can stand it.

How is it I want to stay and want to go home all at the same time? How can I possibly leave them? I ask it again. What have I done to my heart?

"Lord, just as I entrusted this time to You, right from the get go and all the way through, I now give over any and all of what is to come because I've engaged so deeply here. Whatever it feels like, however it goes down, whatever long term effects linger in my soul, would You take it all and turn it all into something that You can use however You see fit. With the same reckless abandon which I threw open my heart to come here, I now release my psyche and my soul into Your crucible of transformation. Take my life and let it be all Yours. Take this experience, these days and weeks, these moments, all of it, and do whatever You choose, for the kingdom, for Highview, in my heart.

I will never be the same because of this."

Time to come home. Can't wait to see you all. The adventure is only beginning.


Miki (Warichat)

2 comments:

Anne said...

How come one blog post can contain the words CPU and frog soup ? And how come my heart gets bigger because of that? Because I know a big and powerful God who intimately cares about orphans and the Granny Ruth who loves them.

Honoured to pray for you . .. Might you feel the gentleness of His hands on your heart.

Anne

Juanita said...

...and I hear Jesus saying, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
Praying for you on your trip home.
Love, Juanita