The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Friday, July 21, 2023

And They're Off!!

 



After two robust weeks of reveling in my blessings, I am now -- sitting down.

This after two loads of laundry are on the line, with more to come tomorrow. Front room and kitchen floors swept, and mostly everything put back to adult-mode. Mostly.

I'll find marbles hidden under things for at least three more sweeps. And a sock or too. And hopefully Timothy's wide-brimmed sunhat. And maybe, if I'm lucky, one of Jayden's many notes where he practiced writing one of this summer's most memorable events - if you're a six year old boy. "I saw a rattlesnake." (Don't worry. The snake was small and Jayden was accompanied by several adults. No reptiles, or children, were harmed in this encounter.)

We did it. All ten of us. And our building and reclaiming projects these past few years have really paid off in that it felt like we had just a little more room. Teens take up more room generally, and it really helps to have a second bathroom with ten people. It just does.

We did so much in just two weeks!!! My photo downloads will take a bit of time, I'm thinking. And really, it's going to be a strange time of reflecting and processing our family time at the cottage, because oh so soon we'll be on our way to Thailand. Good thing for the long plane ride.

So. Just two more days here before heading home.
Then just one day home before boarding our first flight.

Who planned this summer?
Oh yeah...me. :)
And I'm lovin' it.

And now that I'm sitting down...wondering about maybe a nap?

==

Oh Beloveds, thank you! For being here and being you and us being all together like this. My Gramma's heart, my Mama's heart is full. So grateful. This gift. I can't even!!!

Safe home, Lovelies.  

No comments: