The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Holding Space in the Countdown

 


Just took this picture this minute.
This is the view from my "office" this morning.
Being perfectly honest here?
I think I'm resisting the end of this summer more than usual.
I'm a summer girl and I am always loathe to leave behind the long days and glorious skies and all this time by the water.
But this year feels different. I've loved working from here this summer, and got so much done in the quieter way of being. But until now everyone else has been on a slower summer schedule too. Now it's time to ramp things up.
I'm excited, really I am, for all that's coming this fall. Sending out the emails and carrying out the many tasks at hand.
And even though in the past I've been the one to cheer everyone on into the new season, and even though advance planning is sort of a strength of mine, and even though all that sort of describes my job at the moment, I find myself holding back a little.
Holding space for right now.
I just want to look out at this view while I work today. Let the Spirit linger in it. Let Him inspire me, fill me, continue to heal me in all the ways He does. Every. Single. Summer.
So today.
Tuesday.
Holding space for the right now of these last days of summer.
Teachers on a countdown.
Students and their parents on a countdown.
Church leaders and planners on a countdown.
Campers and cottagers and backyard bbq-ers.
We're in a good space.

I hope your summer has been wonderful enough to make you want to hold on to these last days with reverence and gratitude.

No comments: