The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Breaking News



Anyone else see this ominous creature rising up from the corn field this morning?
And I'm so tempted to leave it there and just see what you might make of it . But of course, no pranks from me - not my style. Just an interesting tree formation I've noticed countless times on my morning walk.
And that's really all it is.
Just trees.
Even though, if I was so inclined, maybe if I was genuinely afraid, I could try to convince you into thinking it was something else.
Things can look like what they are not.
Perspective and context is everything.
Optics are not always reality.
The hashing out of hot topics is often fear-driven not Spirit-led.
What looks like a threat can be something else entirely.
Disagreement doesn't mean hatred.
To really get a clear picture we need to look closely, listen carefully.
Listen with love and compassion.
Listen as if we have something to learn for each other.
Shouting does not equal communication.
And disagreement doesn't mean hatred - or did I say that already?
"A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger."
Proverbs 15:1
Saw a meme online yesterday that said, "Stay home and read a book. It's chaos out there." Tempting. But I'm not sure my own personal comfort and safety are necessarily the priority. Not when we have important matters to work out together. Matters that, if we can come together and really listen to each other, will make it better for us all.

No comments: