The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Transitions and Lunch

 

Slept well but woke up really early, way before sunrise. So I've been at it with my list and my computer, writing reports, going over fall events and planning, and happily checking things off my list --until suddenly I look up and it's getting on to lunch time!

The breeze has picked up just a little by now, but the day is once again surprisingly NOT raining, as predicted. A bit cloudy and a lot cooler, but yay for that after such a hot start to the month.

I made work and not kayaking my priority this morning because I am increasingly aware that I am in my last days, hours really, of being in this space before heading back to the city where I think I'll have to 'hit the ground running' as they say. And I guess I prefer having as much tucked away and finished as possible before then.

Besides, the view from here makes anything you need to do at the table all so pleasant.

My last day/hours....and I am not in any way complaining. What a lovely, long extensive stay we've been able to have this season! And Ken will be back (with a work crew) to clear away the remains of the 'boys' annex' (a moment of silence please), and close up the cottage. But for me, I am not anticipating a return until next spring.

And so.

A pause here in the later morning to take a picture or two (because I haven't taken enough already this season). Look out the window at the water (why does this never get old?) Sit for a second in the silence (oh the city noises I notice when we get back!). And remember the goodness of God ("with every breath that I an able").

I used to find transitions so very stressful. I didn't like living in the space in between because I think it felt like I wasn't really able to be fully present in it. More thinking (aka worried) about what was to come and how I would cope with the adjustments.

Like now. Will I find it difficult to be back where it's noisier and life is just that much more demanding?

Maybe.

But that's not now.

Now is lunch time. And I'm hungry. And that's a fine combination of circumstance.

Most everybody has transitioned back into fall by now, I know.
I'm just a little slow out of the gate this year, that's all.
Lovin' it though.

I think...a Greek salad. 

No comments: