The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Friday, September 15, 2023

Friday Feels

 




In stepping back into city rhythms of work and life, one thing I notice that doesn't happen in the same way up at the cottage is that lovely lift a Friday morning can bring.

Even when you love what you do as much as I do, and even with lots still happening on Saturdays and Sundays, having the weekend be "different" is good. Probably even more so as more and more of us work from home, and/or adjust our work/life balance for various reasons.

My morning walk this particular Friday was fresh but glorious. Coming down to my desk. I've lit my vanilla candle for the first time this season. So yes it's fall, and yay it's Friday, and I'm ready to wrap up this first full week of the season.




A favourite motivator of mine is 1 Corinthians 15:58.
I offer it as an end of the week huzzah to you.

"Therefore (because of the enduring hope we have in Christ), my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain."

So, my dear brothers and sisters, way to go!
We made it to another Friday, and God hasn't wasted a single thing done in His name and for His purposes, in all the ways those things can happen.

Stay steady.
Rest well.
Be encouraged.
And happy Friday!

No comments: