The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Holy Week Momentum



It's Wednesday, and that means the whole Big Thing is now in motion.

For anyone involved in any Christian Church at all, regardless of denomination, size or flavour, this is the week where everything leads up to Sunday morning in a way that just can't compare to any other.

For the past several years at Highview (COVID not withstanding) we have told the story of Jesus' death and resurrection through a combination of visual imagery, gospel narration, and the music of U2.

It's appropriately called "In the Name of Love."

One of the perks for me, in my current role at Highview, is that I get to volunteer for stuff I couldn't have given energy to before. That's why today, Wednesday, feels like the start of things. I've been offering a bit of creative direction and stage management for the cast and crew. Mostly just serving as assistant for Derek Goupil, our creative and talented music director, who leads us so humbly and tirelessly.

And tonight -- it's dress rehearsal!!

I say all this not just because I hope you might drop in to check it out - which I do. But because it's just so cool when people can get together, bring forward their talent, and submit to one another as a Team, all because they truly do believe in the story.

I absolutely LOVE working with these people! They are singing and playing and teching straight from the heart. Their lives reflect the Love they portray. They keep on in their own spiritual formation journeys, and are consistent in character both onstage and off, at the sound/light boards or not.

And, just because it's an advantage of being part of a 'small' church, I can personally vouch for this. I know these people when they aren't 'performing.'

So there's my shout out to a stellar group of folks who, as of tonight, will give of themselves to tell the Jesus' story.

And as an added benefit, we will be talking up a collection to support sustainable housing through LYNC Loving Your Neighbour Communities. Check it out at https://lyncommunities.com

No comments: