The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Saturday, July 6, 2024

A Good Place to Heal


We are here according to plan even midst plans that have not gone accordingly.


Even before my little health excursion, I had already been determined that the unsettled nature of our summer given the BIG MOVE would not disrupt our family time at the cottage. It was and is a tricky set of logistics to pull off, and we certainly may have to adjust slightly here and there between now and closing. But I am delighted to report that the first part of “Family Cottage 2024” is actually underway.

Ladies and Gents, we present to you…..
Abby’s 18th Birthday Girls’ Weekend!!!




We arrive yesterday under perfect summer skies. I get myself all snug and comfortable in the van, tolerate the drive quite well, and enjoy the farmish scenic route we always take these days to avoid the 401 and 400, at least until near the very end. When we get to the marina, the ladies of our party pitch right in to make sure I didn’t lift ANYTHING except my own little purse.

The boat ride is so refreshing!! Remember, I’ve been such a model patient that I’ve basically been looking at the one bare wall across from my bed all week. That, or glancing around at the organized confusion that has become our interior decorating scheme right now. Not now.


Wide open skies, the wind in my hair, fresh air in my recently intubated lungs; it all makes for quite a dose of everything the doctor ordered in terms of rest and recovery, just sayin’.

So we settle into our respective sleeping quarters; Ken and I off in the bunkie while we entrust the main cottage to our sensible, but likes-to-stay-up-with-friends-way-past-our-bed-time, young adult granddaughter who is apparently killing all the spiders herself.

Ah, the adult rights of passage.

And while there is still some confusion at the house yet to be de-confused into the move proper, what a gift of healing it is to be here right now.

So many blueberries! Everything is lush and green. And it’s quiet.

Since the according plans include a prolonged stay here between our KW homes, it’s also just simply good to be unpacking and putting away the clothes and personal items we’ve brought with us instead of putting in storage. A little bit of nesting during ‘the great unnesting’ of 2024.

Today is my daughter’s birthday, which will be noted and posted separately.
Also a young lady for whom I have become an honorary Gramma, again, worthy of a separate post.
For now it is enough to sit quietly in the morning on the deck.



And as if on cue, I am graced by the presence of two loons. Magnificent creatures.

"Cease striving,
and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

Okay.
I think I will do just that.

No comments: