The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, August 19, 2024

Blurry Love


This is what happens when you don't have any special camera but you still try to take a picture of a very small cluster of tiny blooms, and it's breezy.

I was about to hit delete, when it occurred to me that this actually kind of represents certain seasons of my life.
Maybe I'm in one of those right now.
Only part of what is most certainly a beautiful and intricate frame of the bigger story is in focus. I can see the blurred outlines of something delicate and intriguing, but right now, when life won't quite hold still, so to speak, I can't quite lock into the whole picture.
Reminds me of the last little bit of Paul's famous chapter on Love, 1 Corinthians 13. In exhorting the Church to be sure to use their gifts and talents motivated only by Love for one another and for Christ (see chapters 12 and 14 for the fuller context), he reminds us that so much of what we give our focus to is temporary. Or at least only a dim version of what's to come.
"For now we only see a reflection in the mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12
And given Paul's words here, even in the seasons of life when I think I have the whole picture, I actually don't. Instead, if I keep it all in the context of Love, no matter the circumstances or seasons, I think I can stay focused on what's clearly obvious.
Love God, and love the people He's put in my life.
And that's not a picture I have to delete.
Hope your Monday has some good direction for the week ahead.

All reactions:
Yupa Chaing Mai and 3 others

No comments: