The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, August 5, 2024

Soon on Our Way

 



Breakfast is about 30 minutes yet, and I've completed all the tidying of teaching and craft supplies, as well as all my personal items I keep here in a bin. Bags were mostly packed last night, and also weighed. Just all that last minute stuff that always happens, well, last minute.

So I'm sitting in a morning that's quiet but for the distant crowing rooster, and the sounds of morning chores getting done. Other birds, and crickets, and the fan.

By 8 a.m. (Tuesday morning Thai time, 8 p.m. Monday night Canadian time) we'll be in the car heading for the airport. We've checked in on line, got the best seats we could for this first, shorter flight, packed the carry ons with all the comforts we'll need for the longer flight, and have our passports at the ready.

Two weeks. And two unusual weeks. The effect of recovering from surgery and the subsequent lack of time, energy or head space to write very much at all other than daily reports of out activities, leaves me with a tinge of regret. There's so much more that happened in hearts. So much learning, so much growing.

Perhaps, instead of regret, I'll just leave with the anticipation of more reflection and processing once we're back on Canadian soil. By then perhaps I will have downloaded more pictures! (My phone has been complaining of not enough space for about 3 days now.)

I especially want to talk more about how it was to share this experience with Abby. For right now I'll just say that it was amazing and wonderful to watch her melt right in to life here, as if this wasn't her first trip, as if she's been here many times before, as if she already knew the place very well.

For who've been praying and supporting us in all the ways you do, thank you! Thank you already for all the messages wishing us a safe trip home.

We'll keep you posted as we go.

No comments: