The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Monday, April 15, 2024

Authentically in this Space




Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalm 91:1

Sign went up on the lawn today, and I'm having a little cry here.

This is big.

And I think I've just been so focused on prepping the house for listing, 
that I really haven't given myself too much space to let it be as big as it is.

Concentration is poor right now.
Tried to start the day writing out some emails and getting some desk work done.
But it was futility.
I had to get myself outside and start on the lawn.

If it let it, things feel unsettled.

You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in You.
Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD, the LORD Himself 
is the Rock eternal.
Isaiah 26:4-5

Raking and dethatching.
Then off to get some mulch and spreading that around for a bit.
Then out the back patio and sweeping 
and weeding between the stones
to be able to set up the umbrella 
and put the pillows on the swing 
and make it look like we have a patio.

My watch says I've put in 16,770 steps.
Better be careful.

Then I heard the guy hammering in the spike to hang the sign.
Went out front to watch him.

The name of the LORD is a strong a mighty tower;
the righteous run into it and are safe.
Proverbs 18:10

If I'm not careful I can forget that I'm okay.
Big changes.
Bigger God.


Finding ways to authentically be in this space.
Letting it be as big as it is.
Letting myself be held.
Resting in His promises.
And I will be okay.

And I was outside so much today!! 
Gotta love that.




No comments: